Fairhope City Council
Meets on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Fairhope Civic Center at 161 N. Section Street. For information on the City Council meetings please call the City Clerk's office at 928-2136.
The agenda is posted to the website the Friday before the meeting on Monday.
Notice of regular scheduled meeting 11-13-12
2013 City Council Meeting Schedule
Agenda for May 13, 2013 at 6:00:00 PM
CITY OF FAIRHOPE -
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
City Council Work Session 4:30 p.m. on Monday, May 13, 2013 Delchamps Room
City Council Agenda Meeting 5:30 p.m. on Monday, May 13, 2013 Delchamps Room
Next Regular Meeting Tuesday, May 28, 2013 Same Time and Place
The City of Fairhope will be closed Monday, May 27, 2013 for Memorial Day
- Approve Minutes of 22 April 2013 Regular City Council Meeting, minutes of 22 April 2013 Work Session, and minutes of 22 April 2013 Agenda Meeting.
- Report of the Mayor
- Public Participation Agenda Items
- Council Comments
- Public Hearing - Ordinance - Amend Zoning Ordinance No. 1253. Zoning Ordinance Amendments - Article III Zoning Districts, Section D. Special Conditions for Uses; 11. Body-Piercing Studios, Non-Chartered Financial Institutions, Palm Readers, Pawn Shops, Tattoo Parlors.
- Ordinance Final Adoption - An Ordinance to Repeal Sections 3-1 through 3-5 in the Fairhope Code of Ordinances that Establish the Fairhope Airport Board; to Repeal Ordinance No. 681 and Ordinance No. 743; and to Amend Ordinance No. 920 removing the Name of Fairhope Airport Board (Introduced at the April 22, 2013 City Council Meeting).
- Ordinance An Ordinance to Provide for Rules and Regulations for the City of Fairhope Dog Park.
- Ordinance An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 1490, An Ordinance to Amend Chapter 19, Article V, Policy and Procedure for Sidewalk/Street Usage Section 19-82: Permitted Use.
- Resolution To Award Bid for County Road 13 and Highway 104 Water main Improvement and South Drive Booster Station Upgrade to Construction Labor Services, Inc. with a cost not to exceed $1,082,724.59.
- Resolution To Award Bid for Pest Control for all City Properties (Bid No. 013-13) to Kellys Exterminating Service, Inc. with a cost of $3,653.88.
- Resolution Authorizing Mayor Timothy M. Kant to execute an Agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation for the Cooperative Maintenance of State Right of Way at the intersection of U.S. Highway 98 and County Road 48.
- Resolution Approval for the City of Fairhope to join the Houston-Galveston Area Council Purchasing Cooperative and for Mayor Timothy M. Kant to execute all necessary documents.
- Resolution To Purchase SCADA System Annual Software/Maintenance Agreement for the Electric, Water, and Gas Departments from Survalent Technology as Sole Source Distributor with a cost of $18,340.00.
- Request Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce Requesting permission to block streets for their Annual Arts and Crafts Festival on March 14, 15, and 16, 2014; No Parking After 5:00 p.m. signs be placed on Thursday morning on March 13th; and adequate City personnel to provide for a successful Festival.
- Request Karin Wilson, Good Life Foundation Requesting permission to hold the 3rd Annual Kids Triathlon on Sunday, June 2, 2013 and use of Duck Pond, South Beach Park and street closures (approximately one hour) as well as use of barricades and cones.
- Request Mobile Bay Keepers Requesting permission to block streets and use of Bayfront Park for the Grand Man Triathlon 2013 on May 31 and June 1, 2013.
- Request Street & Traffic Control Committee:
- Recommending Speed Calming Device on Sedgefield Drive.
- Neutral Recommendation for a 4-way stop at Hospital Drive and Prospect.
- Request Laura Wilson, representing Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mobile, Requesting a Brief Variance in the Noise Ordinance on Saturday, May 25, 2013, for a 21 Gun Salute between the hours of 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Application for a Special Event License by Douglas Lasher dba Ducks Unlimited, Inc. for the Eastern Shore Ducks Unlimited Scotch and Cigar Event, located at 77 South Section Street, Suite A, Fairhope, Alabama.
- Public Participation
Location: 161 North Section Street
View Larger Map