FAIRHOPE MUNICIPAL PIER AND PARK
4 North Beach Road
Located at the West end of Fairhope Avenue, on the site on the citys original commercial pier (dating back from 1894), the Fairhope Pier is our citys town square. Destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 1448 foot pier was rebuilt and reopened in November 2006. Designed for both strolling and fishing, the pier features benches, covered areas, restrooms, a marina and a restaurant. There is no cost to walk, but a saltwater license is required for fishing. The park is home to a lovely rose garden and fountain, plus picnic tables, pavilion, duck pond, tree trail, boat launch and a huge sandy beach. Nonresidents are charged park admission during summer season. In addition to the waterfront park, numerous bluff top parks extend along Mobile Street.
Left in its natural state, this park is a popular spot for bird watchers. In the spring, the parks hundreds of azalea bushes are a riot of beautiful pinks and reds. Fairhope Avenue at Magnolia Street.
FAIRHOPERS COMMUNITY PARK
Built entirely by volunteers, this park is a wonderland for children with towers for climbing and exploring, rope swings, lookouts, slides and imagination stations. Park also has picnic tables, gazebo and large play field. Church Street at Morphy Avenue.
FELS TODDLERS PARK
This is a park for children with traditional playground equipment. Corner of Fels Avenue and Liberty Street.
FAIRHOPE MUNICIPAL SPORTING PARKS / VOLANTA SPORTS PARK
701 Volanta Avenue
The 50-acre park is home to the municipal stadium (site of annual Senior Bowl practices), and indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a disc golf course, seven baseball fields and a gymnasium. Greeno Road at Volanta Street. (251) 990-0174.
701 Volanta Avenue
Located on Volanta Avenue, just south of Fairhope Municipal Stadium. This is a unsupervised facility, skate at your own risk.
Rules and Regulations
- Use of safety equipment such as helmets, knee & elbow pads and proper shoes are required.
- No skating against traffic on the ramps or pipes.
- Do not proceed down ramp until clear of skaters.
- No Profanity, alcohol or unruly behavior.
- Open from 8 am -8 pm
Ala. Code 1975 s 6-5-342
Under Alabama Law, a skateboard or roller skating park or rink operator is not liable for injury, damages, or death of a participant, assistant, or spectator in skateboarding or roller skating activities in the park or rink resulting from inherent risks of skateboarding or roller skating activities. If skateboarding is permitted in this facility, any person skateboarding in this facility must wear appropriate protective including helmet, elbow pads and knee pads.
THE FAIRHOPE DOG PARK
701 Volanta Avenue
The Fairhope Dog Park is an off–leash park located in the Fairhope Municipal Sporting Park / Volanta Sports Complex.
The park was a joint effort between the Fairhope Dog Park Coalition and the City of Fairhope.
The two acre park consists of two sections, one for small and the other for large dogs. Each section has watering stations,
benches and waste bag and collection stations. Dog owners who use the park are ask to abide by the Dog Park rules which are
posted at the entrance of the park.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CITY OF FAIRHOPE DOG PARK
- Enter at your own and your dog(s) risk.
- The City of Fairhope accepts no liability for loss, damages of any human or dog while visiting the park.
- No children under the age of 16 are permitted in the park without direct adult supervision.
- No one is allowed to run with dogs and should not shout or scream at dogs in the park.
- Puppies must be at least 4 months old.
- No more than two (2) dogs per handler allowed.
- All dogs must have visible current rabies tags, be current on all vaccinations and have a City of Fairhope pet license.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or exiting the park and owners should carry a leash at all times.
- Dogs that are ill may not enter the park.
- Flea treatment is highly recommended.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park. Dogs who show any type of aggression must be immediately leashed and removed from the park.
- No treats or toys allowed.
- No people food allowed.
- No smoking allowed.
- No spike, choke or pinch collars allowed.
- No Female dogs in heat allowed.
- Intact males must be closely supervised.
- Always clean up after yourself and your dog, bags and receptacles are provided. (Section 5-10 (b) of the Fairhope Code of Ordinances)
These rules are for the protection and safety for all dogs and their people.
Please be courteous and do not allow unacceptable behavior to ruin the fun for others, dog or person.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in loss of privileges.
For assistance or questions during normal business hours call 251-990-0174 or after hours call 251-928-2385.
Effective 5/21/13, Ordinance #1494